What cookies are?
Cookies are small text files that websites visited by users to send their terminals (usually the browser), where they are stored before being transmitted back to the same sites on their next visit. Cookies of “third parties” are, instead, set by a website other than the one that the user is visiting. This is because on each site may be present elements (images, maps, sounds, specific links to web pages in other domains, etc.) That reside on servers other than the visited site. Cookies are used for different purposes: running computer authentication, tracking sessions, storing information about specific configurations about users accessing the server, storing preferences, etc. Cookies can be divided into several main categories based on the purpose of use and/or the person responsible for the release of the same. It is distinguished:
1. Technical cookies
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service (cfr. art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code). They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed by the owner or operator of the website. Can be divided into the navigation cookie or session, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas).
2. Analiytics cookies
The analytics cookies are treated as technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, the number of users and how they visit the site.
3. Functionality cookies
The cookies of features allow the user browsing function of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the return to the same service. For the installation of these cookies you are not required the prior approval of the users.
4. Profiling cookies
5. Session & Persistent Cookies
The Session Cookies contain information that is used in the current browser session. These cookies are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. Nothing is stored on your computer over the site’s uptime (ASP.NET_SessionId and language). The Persistent Cookies are used to maintain the information that is used in the period between the accesses another website, or used for technical purposes and to improve navigation on the site. This data allows sites to recognize that you are user or a previous visitor and adapts accordingly. “Persistent” cookies have a life that is set by the web site and that can vary from a few minutes to several years.
6. Fist part and third-part cookies
Cookies can be installed on the user’s terminal is the operator of the site the user is visiting (‘Cookies First Part’), or a third part (‘Third Part Cookies’). The information collected by these First Part Cookies are kept by the site operator the user has visited, while those collected by Third Part Cookies are retained by the same third part. Here www.youronlinechoices.com you can also find information on how behavioral advertising and many more about cookies in addition to the steps to follow to protect your privacy on the internet.
- to store users’ preferences in relation to the “login”, so that is not required to enter your email and password at every new visit to the website;
- to store the preference of users in relation to the “language”;
- to store the user’s shopping cart as long as you are not registered;
- analyze and store information about the most appreciated products by each users in order to make more relevant the content of the pages while browsing;
In reference to the macro-categories of cookies previously seen, TAPS Wine Shop uses/releases:
Deny/revoke your consent
To deny/revoke your consent to the use of one or more third-party profiling cookie can:
- Access the links of third parties listed above;
- Visit www.youronlinechoices.com
To revoke your consent to the use of one or more cookies by TAPS Wine Shop read below how to delete cookies based on the browser you are using.
- CHROME – For more information visit the dedicated page
- MOZILLA FIREFOX – For more information visit the dedicated page
- INTERNET EXPLORER – For more information visit the dedicated page
- SAFARI 6 – For more information visit the dedicated page
- SAFARI IOS (DISPOSITIVI MOBILE) – For more information visit the dedicated page
- OPERA – For more information visit the dedicated page